CUSTOMER SERVICE: Finding & Keeping the Edge!
‘Being on par in terms of price and quality only gets you into the game. Service wins the game.’ -Tony Alessandra
‘Customer satisfaction is worthless. Customer loyalty is priceless.’ - Jeffrey Gitomer
Duration: 1 – 2 days (tailored program)
Investment: GROUP RATES APPLY (maximum group size 14 - larger group
sizes and/or multiple program delivery to be negotiated).
Customers are indeed your greatest asset - without customers you don’t have a business! Is ‘the customer always right?'....RED challenges this old-age cliché: the customer is always right - except when s/he is wrong!
And do you ‘exceed customer expectations’ every time?...if so, we’ll challenge that as well! Regardless of position or industry, all of us are involved in customer service in some shape or form – internally and/or externally. This interactive workshop investigates what attracts customers and conversely, what scares them away.
Realistic scenarios and principles are presented to enhance your understanding of customers and how you can most effectively enhance the customer relationship, building customer advocacy as a crucial asset to your business. Explore how attitudes influence what we think and how we judge others; how to handle customer conflict; the power of active listening; and various facts and figures to appreciate and deliver effective customer service.
* Due to the large scope of topics within the customer service arena, this program is tailored to client needs, in both content covered and scenarios delivered (ie. organisational environment). Programs run from 1 to 2 days.
Topics covered include:
- Defining exactly what is ‘customer service’ - understanding who the customer is
- Appreciating the ‘Customer Service Riddle’
- The importance of compliance with the Customer Service Charter
- Moments of Truth - Identify them and make them exceptional!
- Communication in customer service (including the art of listening and non-verbal communication)
- Questioning techniques – getting the information you want
- The power of empathy
- The Costs of Bad Service (COBS)
- The internal V external customer
- Building rapport with the customer - the secret to success
- Dealing with the angry customer and their emotions
- Explore and practise techniques for resolving customer problems: ‘Customer complaints are the schoolbooks from which we learn’ (anon.)
- Utilising TEAMwork for effective customer service
- Levels of service – the secret to impressing the customer: ‘going beyond’
- Telephone tips and techniques
- 5 simple steps of service that wins the customer every time: ‘LECPA’
- The top 10 annoyances of the customer – and how to avoid them
Who should attend:
Any organisation striving to deliver exceptional customer service, to achieve greater individual and overall business results.
Format / Program structure:
Highly interactive program involving group scenario analysis, practice sessions, and participant self reflection on current organisational and team customer service protocol and systems.