“Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision... it is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.” Andrew Carnegie
Duration: 1 day
Investment: GROUP RATE APPLIES (maximum group size 14 - larger group
sizes and/or multiple program delivery to be negotiated)
It’s important to recognise that no team is made up of photocopied clones and that a real team gets its strength from diversity. Teamwork is both an attitude and a set of actions. The teamwork attitude reminds people that everyone’s work is interdependent, and the success of the entire organisation requires that people work effectively together.
This program aims to strengthen the functioning of teams: appreciate personal differences, enhance cooperation, optimise communication and ultimately increase productivity and results at an individual and team level. An ‘action-packed’, enjoyable day that combines physical group activities and exercises with a sprinkle of challenging, thought provoking group discussions.
Topics covered include:
- Defining a team – what and who it is
- The power of communication: ‘the lifeblood of teams’
- Clarity in goals and values for teams
- Appreciating and capitalizing on diversity within the team
- The concept of synergy – optimising results by working together
- Personality types – understanding differences and working with them
- Empathy – the art of caring and seeking first to understand!
- Consensus and decision-making with others
- Promoting innovation in the workplace
- The importance of enjoying what you do at work!
Who should attend:
Mark Leahy once said: “Teams are a lot like cars…they require a 10,000km tune up or service every now and again, otherwise they may start to run poorly or even breakdown when we least expect it.” Whether your team is experiencing issues and seems rather dysfunctional or, perhaps your team is working together quite smoothly, this program can be tailored to ensure a thorough ‘team service’ is undertaken, allowing your team to run on all 12 cylinders!
From senior executive to ground level staff (and often a combination of both!), anybody can attend this program, catering for group sizes from 4 up to 60!
Format / Program structure:
Highly interactive day that includes group activities, experiential learning, discussions and group analysis. Did we mention a lot of fun along the way?!!