THE ART OF SELLING – building sustainable relationships
“What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly.” Thomas Paine
“The customer doesn’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.” Goethe
Duration: 1 - 2 days (tailored to client needs)
Investment: GROUP RATE APPLIES (maximum group size: 14 - larger group
sizes and/or multiple program delivery to be negotiated)
Sales training programs, perhaps more than any other topic, require extensive customization for the client. The industry, the product, competition, sales staff skill and knowledge levels, their strengths and weaknesses, organisational tools and resources, are just a few of the factors that determine what needs to be developed and how it is actually delivered to produce optimal outcomes when sales training.
We focus the training on identified client needs, ensuring actual activities and content is tailored and desired outcomes are achieved.
Our sales training focuses on three underpinning philosophies:
- Sustainable relationship management.
- Identifying and satisfying the customer’s needs.
- Effective communication.
Optional topics covered include (client to determine):
- Identifying and satisfying Customer Needs
- Up-selling and Add-on (‘cross’ or ‘related’) selling
- Value for Money (VFM) – the secret to sales success
- Identifying levels of service
- Creating a Value Proposition
- Complaints – How to handle them..they really are a wonderful thing!
- Communication persuasiveness – F2F & Phone
- Handling Objections and identifying Objection Types
- Closing the Sale
- Recognising High Value activities
- How Attitude + Skills + Knowledge = Success
- Presentation skills for sales personnel
- Analysis of the tools and systems in place to enhance sales force motivation and performance
- Questioning techniques to confirm customer needs and identify opportunities
- including Tie-Down techniques to close the sale
- The Psychology of Selling: ‘Tools of the Trade’
- Features versus Benefits…Learning the difference and how it makes selling easy!
- Five key categories of customer desires…just why do they buy?
- Call planning and strategy to optimise territory and client coverage
- Relationship management and how to Build Rapport with clients
This advertised outline acts as a guide to the course content and may alter to better address participant requirements.
Please note that these topics will be adapted and customised depending on your specific requirements – we would tailor the course based on your brief and the learning needs of the participants.
Who should attend:
This program is suitable for anybody working in the sales arena (which most of us do in some capacity!), who wish to enhance their sales skills and productivity. As listed above, material and content is tailored to suit participant needs. One thing is guaranteed: ‘high-energy’ training with activities and healthy debate that most sales personnel thrive on!
Format / Program structure:
Highly interactive program that includes experiential activities, practice sessions, group discussions and scenario analysis.